Nutiteq SDK is maps library for Android developers. You can use Nutiteq SDK as a good replacement for Google Maps Android API, so it has all your usual mapping SDK features like map panning, zooming, vector and raster overlays, adding markers, lines and polygons to map, and following extra features:
- 2.5/3D support: add 3D objects and models to map
- offline mapping using MBTiles, custom tiles, GeoTIFF, persistent caching and many other data formats and sources
- supports any map projection, which makes it more usable for enterprise GIS solutions
- works on all Android platforms, including Amazon Kindle Fire, BlackBerry 10 and others where Google Maps is not available
- is independent from Google services
You need some inspiration? Here is a growing number of publicly listed apps that use Nutiteq Maps SDK.
Developer getting started demo project with 3D capabilities can be found from the Hellomap3D github project.
Everything you need to get started is in Nutiteq Hellomap3D Git project Wiki pages. It shows how to create a map and add layers on top of that, and also many advanced features. The project has also a lot of sample code which helps you to customize UI and data sources.
For community-based developer support please join nutiteq-dev user group / mailing list